[thelist] "spamminess" site check - realtymort.com

Daniel Champion dchampion at clacks.gov.uk
Wed Dec 10 03:26:10 CST 2003

> you format your links as such:  <a href="../services/">

> technically, thats not a page.  google will index faster and show mroe
> relevence to <a href="../services/index.html"> over the above.

Brian, I'm intrigued by this because I haven't seen this behaviour (quite
the opposite in fact). What evidence do you have of Google behaving this
way, because if you're right I'm looking at a couple of major site
rewrites! For example on our main site every content page has a url which
might appear to be a directory link...

I was under the impression that Google didn't care a jot what a url ends
with, their bot will visit it and index it.

Daniel.
--
Daniel Champion - Web Dev Mgr - Clackmannanshire Council
e: dchampion at clacks.gov.uk    t: 01259 452258

This email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving Clackmannanshire Council.

Clackmannanshire Council will not be liable for any losses as a result of viruses being passed on.

www.clacksweb.org.uk