[thelist] re: More on Search Engines

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Thu Dec 11 22:40:42 CST 2003

At present there appear to be no CSS spam filters in Google or other major
search engines. Any hidden or obfuscated content that is designed to fool
search bots is considered spam by google, but it is very difficult to filter
automatically (too many chances for penalizing legitimate websites) I have
seen
many sites receive individual penalties, but reporting them rarely produces
action on  Googles part.

> Granted, I'm making some semi-educated guesses here, but these guys
> appear to be legitimately beating the system by fooling any relatively
> modern browser into not seeing the copy.

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 310-220-9020
http://www.netpaths.net