[thelist] Marking up chapter.verse (or chapter.section)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:06:24 CST 2003

Hi Tim

AFAIK the idea behind XHTML is that it is XML.  Hence the need to quote
all attributes, provide closing tags for everything etc.  So an XML
parser will deal with XHTML as easily as any other form of XML.

Really what I was getting at is that you need to think more about how to
break your data down.

Transforming XML is easy using XSL and there's a load of online
resources to help you learn how to do it (and you don't have to
transform your data from XML into (X)HTML, you can transform it into
PDF's, SVG's or even a different XML document).

I'll try and dig a few out for you and email them to the list.

Norman