[thelist] RE:learning XML?

Tim Kuhn (temp) Tim.Kuhn at gettyimages.com
Mon Dec 15 13:13:50 CST 2003

>So, who's got great resources for Timothy and I to really get our feet
>wet with XML in a practical scenario? I'm about to start work on a
>number of real estate sites, and boy howdy! this XML stuff sounds like
>the queen of the rodeo.

 I would suggest the usual suspects;
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp is a good place to start. They have tutorials on xml, xslt and schema.
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html
is a good place to go when you get stuck with xpath queries.
http://www.deepx.com
has good quick references for when you get a little comfortable with it all

I think learning xml and related technologies is well worth the effort. It can be very powerful and certainly becomes intuitive after a little time. I use it at work ALL the time as we are a .NET shop. I even have my personal site xml driven, makes maintenance a breeze.

This email and its contents are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose
or use the information within this email or its
attachments. If you have received this email in error,
please delete it immediately. Thank you.