[thelist] Marking up chapter.verse (or chapter.section)

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at peak.org
Mon Dec 15 16:04:03 CST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Paul Bennett wrote:

> Norman Beresford wrote:
>
> >Hi Tim
> >
> >AFAIK the idea behind XHTML is that it is XML.  Hence the need to quote
> >all attributes, provide closing tags for everything etc.  So an XML
> >parser will deal with XHTML as easily as any other form of XML.
> >
> um...no. It's *like* xml but its *not* xml
> http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml
> read it and weep (I did)

Yeah had a discussion about that article either here or on css-d not too
long ago.  I filed it in the heap of other "considered harmful" articles
I've read that are true in a certain implementation of life more perfect
than the one I live in.

I came across the Theological Markup Language (ThML)
http://www.ccel.org/ThML/

and it seems to be what I am looking for, in a certain respect... but I'm
still not thrilled about it.

TjL