[thelist] Re: strange digest message number references

Carol techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Tue Dec 16 05:43:59 CST 2003

Is anyone else experiencing this: You receive a large-ish digest, perhaps 45k. There are supposedly 24 messages in the digest, but the last numbered message is numbered something like 7. The digest appears to end normally (lists the archive Web address etc.). This has been going on for some time, and I sent an e-mail earlier to the list manager, but had no response.

Perhaps some invisible garbage is replacing content in my digest? I'm using Eudora, so unless I save the message, load an APL/J interpreter, and use that examine the file, I can't figure out what's happening.

Cheers --
Carol