[thelist] n00b XML Question

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Dec 16 07:05:44 CST 2003

Hi Gang,

Another evolter beginning to fiddle about with XML ... (I spent most
of yesterday parsing through 27,000+ XML data files.)

Anyway ... easy question ...
How is a null represented in an XML data stream?

Is it "<ZZZ></ZZZ>"? (No value between the tags - but the tags
are in the stream.)

Or is it ""? (No evidence of a 'ZZZ' element at all.)

Or are they equivalent?

<tip type="XML Viewer" author="RonL.">

The version I've been using isn't particularly stable if you open
more than two data files at once, but if you only look at one or
two at a time then 'Peter's XML Editor' (freeware I think) and
available from tucows seems reasonably decent.

</tip>

Thanks,

RonL.
* Too many clicks spoil the browse.
* Don't byte off more than you can view.
* A chat has nine lives.