[thelist] Liquid problems in IE 6

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Dec 16 15:41:40 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Bunn" <norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:30 PM

> www.craftedsolutions.com/SIC/contact.html

> It is supposed to expand from 800 pixels out, but IE makes the righthand
> table cell much larger than necessary.  I have tried several techniques
> that have worked on other sites to no avail.  Any ideas?

Norman,

100% is a tricky width for IE.  It does it's best to calculate 100% of the
table width based on previous rows and then assign that one cell that width.
You may notice that the total width of the content of the first row is about
770.  The width of the content area is going to be stretched to at least
770.

Bad browser?  Maybe--but it's just doing what you asked.

Try using a fixed width for the content column instead of 100%.

Or, better yet, give a tableless design a try.

Best of luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.