[thelist] Zip look up

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:27:58 CST 2003

> I am interested in making a site that will have the ability to allow
> people  to look up others within their same zip code as well as wthinin
> an X mile  range. My question is are their any places out their that I
can get a copy of
> this  type of code already or do I have to code it.  If I have to do it,
> is there  any place that list all of the zip codes, as well as how the
> zip codes are  sorted?

I used to do the PR for MapInfo (in the UK and Europe). They certainly
sell the data and they used to have something called MapBasic to program
in. Probably a Rolls Royce solution though, as it certainly will cost.

Alternatively they have a big network of developers, any one of which
probably already has this sorted and may sell cheaper solutions.