[thelist] OT: Fink vs DarwinPorts

Tony Grimes info at scribenewmedia.com
Sat Dec 20 15:11:58 CST 2003

I'm looking for a good ports system to install on my Mac. I've found Fink
(fink.sourceforge.net) and DarwinPorts (darwinports.opendarwin.org) as
promising candidates. Have any of you working with these apps? Which one
would you recommend?

Tony

<tip type="Customer Service" author="Tony Grimes">

We've all made mistakes or missed a deadline. It's unavoidable. But a common
reflex action is to avoid the situation by ignoring the client's emails and
phone calls. This is a mistake. You're missing a prime opportunity to gain a
loyal customer.

When dealing with an upset client, remember that they don't want you to
perform, they want you to satisfy. They know you're not perfect. They're
just looking for someone who will make them a priority when things go wrong.
They're upset because they think you don't care about them.

Everyone likes to feel important. If something goes wrong, admit your
mistake (and learn from it) to the client immediately (within the hour if
possible) and make sure they know you're bending over backwards to rectify
the situation (and then deliver). Doing this will prove to the client that
they can rely on you.

You will build trust with the client and gain a loyal customer when you
would otherwise lose one.

</tip>