[thelist] SEO questions

Eric E lists at ettinger.net
Mon Dec 22 22:17:11 CST 2003

> so unless you have 1000
> different sites up your sleeve, all of which are
> good sites in their own right,

You hit the nail on the head. Those sites would have to have merit in
and of themselves in order to really help from a link density
standpoint. Some other factors would come into play, also. Are they at
different I.P.s? is the keyword in the URL? (etc)

This addresses the issue of "doorway" pages (a huge no-no) that are of
no value and serve only to link somewhere. Again, this is why the text
of the site is very important and why links alone do not good ranking
make.

It is important to note, however, that there are valid reasons for
building out these little "microsites" and they can help, but you have
to be very careful.

It's great to hear all this SEO/M talk - it's an important topic.

Pax,
Eric