[thelist] News Scroller

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Mon Dec 29 06:47:22 CST 2003

>> I am looking for an open source news scroller type of widget thing
>> that links to articles. The site wants to have the headlines
>> scrolling in a box on the homepage. This site has such a thing:
>>
>> http://www.arutzsheva.com/
>
> <MARQUEE onmouseover=this.stop() style="WIDTH: 185px; HEIGHT: 150px"
>              onmouseout=this.start() scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=60
> direction=up>
>
> Is the marquee source in the HTML?
>
> Have you asked the webmaster, lots are proud to share!!!

Just a system for the scrolling itself I can find. One example is here:
http://www.news-scroller.com/

>> We don't need something necessarily fancy, but something usable.
>> It's not a news site, but the owner wants to be able to publish news
>> about the site and its organization and have the headlines scrolling
>> on the home page.

What I meant to say is that I would like some sort of CMS or Blog that has
in it (or a plug in) that would allow one to easily publish articles to the
scroller. I mean that when the owner makes a new news article, he should be
able to just click on a button to add this latest article to his scroller.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks,
Hershel