[thelist] CSV file download on the fly with SQL/ASP generated pages - but how?

John Dobson j.dobson at find-a-part.com
Tue Dec 30 03:30:17 CST 2003

I am trying to create a "download this page as a csv file" facility for some of our internal reporting pages.  We are pulling the pages from SQL with ASP making a table from the information.

Ideally there would be a link on the page which would initiate a download.

I tried erroneously to embed some asp in a csv file, but it would open the CSV in an embedded spreadsheet in the browser.

Does anyone have any ideas, or know how I can achieve this?

TIA

John Dobson