[thelist] Flash Help Please - javascript headline scrolling

David Siedband david at calteg.org
Wed Dec 31 22:36:44 CST 2003

JP,

Consider approaching this challenge with Javascript instead of Flash.
I'm sure you can find a free, open source script to do this with a bit
of googling.

Don't worry, you don't need to know how to code javascript to do this,
Just select a product and read the documentation on how to customize it
and place it in your pages.

I've heard good things about Tigra scroller, though I haven't used it
personally.
http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_scroller/

Here are a few other pages that I found with info in javascript
scrollers.
http://www.webscriptsdirectory.com/JavaScript/Text-Scrolling/
http://javascript.internet.com/scrolls/

The implementation should go something like this
You'll create a div with the content of the headline scroll box and
then position that div somewhere within your page
using either CSS or HTML.
In the script you should be able to control variables like how quickly
the content scrolls, etc.

We can show you how to do this in Flash as well, but I think javascript
is a better way to tackle this.

HTH,
--
David