[thelist] site check request (for my first interview!)

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at peak.org
Thu Jan 1 00:43:01 CST 2004

Friends, Romans, Designers - lend me your browsers!

I have an interview next Wednesday to take over the maintenance of this
site:

	http://www.presbsciotoval.org/

Warning: FrontPage has been there.  My mock-up site is below.

I have been working on a relatively simple design using CSS (and PHP).
I'm hoping for an accessible, usable, and valid site.

My audience (for the interview and also the users of the site) will not be
particularly web-savvy, so it will be my job to make this as transparent
as possible.

The pages validate, as does the CSS.  I did not see any rendering problems
in IE 5/5.5/6, Opera 6/7, and Mozilla 1.5.  Netscape4/IE4 will get no
styles whatsoever.  Maybe later.

What I would love would be to have a quick check on Safari (I used
iCapture and it looks ok, but the status bar says there was one error).

Note: All PDF links lead to dummy files.  I had to upload this over 28.8
so this saved me a lot of time.  The files will be replaced with the
originals when the site goes live.

Also, the listing for all the churches below

http://psv.tntluoma.com/churches/ will lead to "this page is not yet
complete" links, with the exception of
http://psv.tntluoma.com/churches/gallipolis/

(They aren't expecting that I am going to have reworked the site, they
just asked for comments on the current version, so I'm not worried about
giving them an incomplete look.)

Any suggestions welcome!

With your help, we can rid the world of one more FrontPage site (and I can
get paid for doing web design, something which hasn't happened in 10 years
of writing web pages :-D

TjL