[thelist] site check request (for my first interview!)

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Jan 2 10:05:55 CST 2004

(They aren't expecting that I am going to have reworked the site, they
just asked for comments on the current version, so I'm not worried about
giving them an incomplete look.)

TjL,

This comment concerns me. Be warned they might already have a skilled web
developer and are looking for other ideas to give to that person. However,
your initiative to actually go out and develop the site in your own eyes
should impress them. It would impress me as that is how I strive for
clients.

Does that organization have any official colors or pre-existing marketing
strategy that you could appeal to with you're highly improved mock-up?

You don't need to reply, just posting some hypothetical questions to think
about as you go into the interview. I can only think of what I would say...

"Hi Mr./Mrs. Doe. I've had a recent opportunity to study your existing sites
strengths and weaknesses. For starters, your site uses out dated technology
and the organization needs overhauling. More over, I feel your site isn't
reaching the greatest number of people. However, I could do x, y, and z, for
you. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

(Your mock-up site enters the scene)

So, when would you like me to start improving your on-line web presence?"

Rob