[thelist] Accessibility v XHTML

mlist mlist at nykris.com
Fri Jan 2 10:34:14 CST 2004

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I've got a website that is currently XHTML 1.0
Transitional compliant, but I wish to improve its accessibility compliance.

The page has a drop-down, and I've put a label next to it:

<label for="quickselect">Clients</label>
<select id="quickSelect" name="clients" onchange="window.location.href =
this.value;">

So, this reduces the error count in Bobby, but <label /> is not XHTML
compliant. How can I get round this and be XHTML compliant? Anyone got any
ideas?

Thanks, M.