[thelist] IIS & OLEDB

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Fri Jan 2 13:54:40 CST 2004

I've got an intranet page that connects to my SQL server, and I'm trying
to force it to use NT Authentication when it does.

Already the Intranet uses NT Challenge-and-response authentication so
that when I go to an intranet page I have to login.  But then when I go
to the page that connects to SQL, I get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'

Login failed for user 'IUSR_COMPUTERNAME'.

Why isn't it passing MY user id?  Why is it trying to use the anonymous
IUSR id?