[thelist] IIS & OLEDB - UPDATE

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Fri Jan 2 15:02:16 CST 2004

Tab Alleman wrote:
> I've got an intranet page that connects to my SQL server, and I'm
> trying to force it to use NT Authentication when it does.
>
> Already the Intranet uses NT Challenge-and-response authentication so
> that when I go to an intranet page I have to login.  But then when I
> go to the page that connects to SQL, I get:
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'
>
> Login failed for user 'IUSR_COMPUTERNAME'.
>
> Why isn't it passing MY user id?  Why is it trying to use the
> anonymous IUSR id?

I tried adding "Integrated Security=SSPI;" to my connection string, and
now I get this, so it's still not using the id I logged into the
intranet with.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.