[thelist] IIS & OLEDB

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jan 2 21:42:46 CST 2004

At 11:54 AM 1/2/2004, Tab Alleman wrote:
>I've got an intranet page that connects to my SQL server, and I'm trying
>to force it to use NT Authentication when it does.

This might help.

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/SQL_Server_2000_Authentication.html

"Accessing a database from the application level is mostly done using
Active Data Objects (Connection, Recordset and others). In the case of
access to the Server database SQL (using SQLOLEDB) under Windows
Authentication, you are not required to supply user credentials within the
activating series to open the connection with database

     "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Initial Catalog= Database_name; Data
Source=Server_ name_SQL; Trusted_Connection=yes;"
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys