[thelist] Local server choices

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Sat Jan 3 16:08:48 CST 2004

The way to get the best results, the latest versions, and the most learning out of the experience is to stay away from the "all-in-one" and install each one individually. It can be daunting if you're not familiar with what needs to be done, but luckily there are plenty of "all-in-one" tutorials online.

Here are the tutorials I followed to install Apache, PHP and MySQL on my Windows XP. They tell you step by step just what needs to be done to get everything running smoothly:
http://www.ricocheting.com/server/apache.html
http://www.ricocheting.com/server/php.html
http://www.ricocheting.com/server/mysql.html

--