[thelist] Request.Form() value not correct

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Jan 5 14:03:07 CST 2004

Lingling,

<snip>
Then in dbentry.asp, the value I got from Request.Form("deleteIndividualID")
is
"ER11111111,". Notice the comma in the end.
</snip>

Do you have two form fields named "deleteIndividualID?" When I get a
request.querysting or request.form values that are comma delimited, that
usually means that I have multiple fields with that name. You first and
actual form field "deleteIndividualID" has the value of "" and then you set
that that value with "ER111111111111111" later. My guess is that your
javascript is interfering when the form is submitting, thereby giving you
two values of "deleteIndividualID."

If you absolutely cannot resolve this by fixing your errors, you could fix
it temporarily by:

Dim First_value, MyArray
MyArray = Split(request.form("deleteIndividualID"),",")
First_value = MyArray(0)

Rob