[thelist] Is it possible to output a JavaScript variable directly to the body content after the page has been loaded?

SED sed at sed.is
Mon Jan 5 15:12:00 CST 2004

I want to output a message, based on a user choose via a form menu, directly
to the body content (i.e. between the <p></p>), but I haven't found any way
to do it. I know I can do it through alert and <input>. But if I use
document.write('message') the message won't update, after the page was first
loaded.

So my question is: Is it possible to output a JavaScript variable directly
to the body content after the page has been loaded?

Thanks,
SED