[thelist] Is it possible to output a JavaScript variable dire ctly to the body content after the page has been loaded?

Pearson, John JOHN.PEARSON at eia.doe.gov
Mon Jan 5 15:53:47 CST 2004

sure but what would trigger the action?  This example updates a <td></td> with
id=ncount when a particular text box loses focus.

onblur="document.getElementById('ncount').innerText='(The wording is only:
'+this.value.length+' characters so far!)'"

<!--receiver for the length-->
characters)</font></td>

This works in IE6, getting it to work under any other circumstances would be the
challenge.