[thelist] Error reporting to our site

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Jan 5 16:28:41 CST 2004

Hello,

At work, we're using a company that's providing some statistical analysis
services for us. However, many of their services I don't think we need
and/or don't meet our needs and I'm currently in the process of evaluating
if we want to keep them at all.

One of the reports they provide to us is links to our site that are
resulting in 404 errors, i.e. not links from within our site out but links
on other peoples sites to us. I know I can use google to get a list of all
links to our site, and I use Xenu to generate error reports from our site ..
but I don't know if there's a way to determine broken links to us.

Anyone have any ideas .. or even other third party companies that provide
this service so that I can compare offerings?

TIA,

Mich