[thelist] Site review

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at JeroenCoumans.nl
Mon Jan 5 19:00:54 CST 2004

Hi Scott Brady. You said the following on 01/06/04 00:33:

>>site review? The URL is http://www.jeroencoumans.nl/test/
>

> 1) The look and feel is pretty clean.  However, I felt a little creeped out
 > by the expression on your face (I'm assuming that's a picture of
you). It
 > almost seemed like you were using your "come hither" bedroom eyes.

I've reduced the image. It was meant to add a personal touch (a
sympathetic and honest expression) but I can understand it was a bit too
much and may even intimidate or scare people ;-).

> 2) From a professional standpoint, I'd remove the "Personal Information" and
 > probably even the "Personality" from the resume.

I've removed the "Personal Information"; I guess it isn't really useful
in an online context. I've left the "personality" intact though; this is
often used in resumes and helpful for prospective employers.

> 3) I guess this is a "visited link" style, but it seemed kind of weird  > having lines under the main navigation links and then having them
> not be there later.  I'd say either keep the underlines or lose them
> altogether.  It's not obvious to me that visited links don't have the
> lines (it took me several minutes to figure that out and only when I
> saw the same behavior on the old site did I realize what was happening).

I've removed underlines from visited links on various sites but I can
understand the confusion. I've changed it so that there's no underlines
in the navigation but left them in the content.

Thanks for your comments,

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans