[thelist] legal questions

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Tue Jan 6 07:52:14 CST 2004

From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com]

[snip]
How do I credit myself for the project?
[/snip]

>>> They paid for it, they own it. And MY CODE (re: some HTML, etc) is
laughable unless it is sufficiently unique to warrant copyright. For
portfolio purposes you should keep a copy of each and every site that
you do on CD (individually). <<<

I totally understand.  And again, im not after "royalties" or anything
like that...

I DO have a copy fo the site on my hard drive.  I guess my real question
is, are screen shots and/or html pages on my server considered legit by
clients?  I mean, anyone can make up a mock site at a mock.com and say
they were paid for it, and went through the whole deal.  I just want to
come across to any perspectives as being totally legit and with a solid
portfolio to back that statement.