[thelist] Error reporting to our site

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Mon Jan 5 20:03:45 CST 2004

> On the other hand, when this happens because the external site's
> webmaster just coded something wrong,

I'll add that I also set up a custom 404 page with a link to home and
the site map (if there is one) and containing a "search this site'
form (again if the site is large enough to warrant one).

Regards,
Bob Haroche

Yeah, I'll be doing that too .. creating a custom 404 page that sends me
referrers for broken urls and points the user to common areas of our site
including our search and comprehensive sitemap.  Based on comments here and
other discussions, I don't see a need to keep this third-party service and
will advise my client/supervisor accordingly.

Thanks for your help,

Mich