[thelist] Re: Error reporting to our site

eduardobk at via-rs.net eduardobk at via-rs.net
Tue Jan 6 05:33:11 CST 2004

 >Hello,
>
>At work, we're using a company that's providing some statistical analysis
>services for us. However, many of their services I don't think we need
>and/or don't meet our needs and I'm currently in the process of evaluating
>if we want to keep them at all.
>
>One of the reports they provide to us is links to our site that are
>resulting in 404 errors, i.e. not links from within our site out but links
>on other peoples sites to us. I know I can use google to get a list of all
>links to our site, and I use Xenu to generate error reports from our site ..
>but I don't know if there's a way to determine broken links to us.
>
>Anyone have any ideas .. or even other third party companies that provide
>this service so that I can compare offerings?
>
>TIA,
>
>Mich
If you're using Apache why don't you use Awstats which will show you "
	* HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...)," (from AWSTATS site).Check it out at: http://awstats.sourceforge.net/There is also a demo.Eduardo Bacchi KienetzSenior Support AnalystSagra - Soluções Positivashttp://www.noticiaslinux.com.br/eduardo/