[thelist]Select width

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 10:26:01 CST 2004

--- Scott wolpow <scott at publiccto.com> wrote:
> Yes the width of the menu. I have three on a page and want them all
> the  same size.

Ah, well again I would say to you, be careful about setting fixed
widths on them unless you are 100% sure nothing inside the menu will
be truncated. It's generally a bad idea to mess around too much with
widths of certain form controls. Users expect certain things from
them. Just because a designer CAN make everything align and the same
width to fit *their* preference, doesn't mean you should!

In any case, again you can set the style (but do it in a style sheet,
not locally):

<select style="width: 130px;"> etc.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]