[thelist] MS Access CREATE TABLE

David Mitchell dave at dbmdata.com
Wed Jan 7 06:04:30 CST 2004

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Just to clarify a little bit, the reason I want to do this is that the
production database is updated quite frequently and the data is fairly
fluid. I am developing a new module for the site, which includes adding
several new tables to the existing database.

What I would like to do when I am ready to deploy is download the latest
copy of the Access database, run scripts to create my new tables and
re-upload the database before too much data changes. Having to create
all the new tables again on the recent copy of the database using the
table designer is a time-consuming process.

The website is hosted on a shared server, so I have no control over
installing MSDE, etc, and the client doesn't see the sense in upgrading
to SQL Server, which I would MUCH prefer.

I think I will go with Ken's suggestion and use ADO to solve this
problem.

Dave