[thelist] Accessibility v XHTML

Ivo Pletikosic Ivo.P at Benetech.org
Tue Jan 6 20:03:35 CST 2004

One note I had to deal with recently. Several versions of popular screen
readers did not read labels associated with lists. The solution was to
make the first option of the dropdown list have the same text as the
label.

<select name='state' id='state'>Select state
<option>Select state...</option>
....etc
</select>