[thelist] opinions on logos

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Thu Jan 8 08:02:42 CST 2004

--------------- Joel D Canfield wrote: ---------------

: Opinions?
:
: http://joelthewebguy.com/logos.asp
:
: Whatever comes pops into your head . . .
:
: joel
:
: (it's b&w 'cause I haven't decided on colors yet, not 'cause it's
: b&w)

Both feel very informal (not necessarily bad) and are decent
typographically.  I tend more towards the serifing of the left-most
logo, personally, rather than the engraving of the right-most. To be
completely honest though, neither really 'pops' for me as my old
graphics professor used to love to say.  Could be good for a personal
site/blog though... but for a business, I would lean more towards
iconography and evocative imagery.  Also, please take this with a
grain of salt, because I have ALWAYS struggled with logos.

hth,
Stephen Caudill
http:/www.mechavox.com/