[thelist] Ghosting Software

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Thu Jan 8 10:17:40 CST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 06:01 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend some software that can take an image of a drive,
>> store it on another drive on the same machine and then restore when
>> ever required back to the original drive.  All from a bootable floppy
>> disk - (ie no network).
> Norton Ghost can; never used it.  But I have used Partition Magic
> which does
> the same thing and more. It's quite good.
> www.powerquest.com
I have been using the OpenSource g4u (Ghost 4 Unix) with great success.
It was originally designed to store images on a network and copy
(bit-by-bit) over FTP. It now can also do a disk copy with no network.
Yes, it can do all operating systems even though it boots netBSD.