[thelist] Re: <ul> breaking

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 8 19:31:14 CST 2004

I haven't got a perfect answer as to why, but I fiddled around on my
Mac and found that it just absolutely won't accept the background  on
the <li>, but it would accept it on the <a>. I can't explain why. But
as long as there wasn't background properties set on the <li> it seemed
to layout ok.

I got this CSS below to layout the nav1 links properly (so they aren't
flying way off the left side of the screen), but obviously this code is
not going to do what you want because I took out the images and pared
it down a lot. Maybe if you fool with it more you can make it work:

(P.S. Your HTML probably won't validate. For example, your link tag for
the css file isn't formatted correctly. It should have type="text/css"
and the closing angle bracket should have a slash />)

#nav1 {
	background-image: none;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;
	padding: 2px 0;