[thelist] What am I missing about creating static pages using technology such as java server pages or asp.net?

Bird bird at koolfish.com
Fri Jan 9 09:18:20 CST 2004

I have had a couple of enquires lately from people who are unhappy with
their current web designers asking me to update their websites. When I
take a look at their sites which are for the most part just static basic
informational sites I see that they have been made with jsp or asp.net

Is this better than using plain HTML/CSS which I would have done and
why?

Are these updateable by someone who has no knowledge of either asp/jsp?

All these people want is to have the occasional update of some text so I
am wondering why asp or jsp was used in the first place.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Lisa