[thelist] MSN redisgn... utter failure

Kelly Hallman khallman at ultrafancy.com
Fri Jan 9 15:06:02 CST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Buffington, Michael wrote:
> No interest? Please, were talking about Microsoft here, the company
> that's hell bent on squeezing dollars out of anything that twitches,
> including Mozilla users. I give it a week or less before it works in
> Mozilla (saying nothing of XHTML standard or semantic web).

Right.. and that's about their only true interest.

Since they don't see any money to be made by making it compatible with
Mozilla--on the contrary, quite the opposite is probably true--I'd be
willing to bet that they won't do it. If they see money to be made out of
Mozilla users, it's only by forcing them to switch browsers.

It would be impossible for us to know if it was deliberate, but I'm sure
they were cognizant of the incompatibilities before anyone else. So the
mere fact that it was released in such a state probably is proof enough
that it won't be changing anytime soon.. certainly not within a week..

But hey, everyone will always keep coming back for more. What Bill worry?

--
Kelly Hallman
// Ultrafancy