[thelist] installing up-to-date MACPPC AOL browser...

William R. Ellis wrellis at gru.net
Sun Jan 11 16:16:23 CST 2004

Hi folks,

This is probably a stupid question, but one I can't answer.

A friends has an older MAC running OS9 or something.  Not the current OSX.
To bad, everything would be fine if that were true.  She uses AOL.  Last
week I had install MSIE 5.1.7 which is the last browser MS will create for
OS9.  AOL is supposed to use the MSIE browser engine and I assumed that
updating the browser would fix the AOL browser.  Not so!  The AOL browser
insists on using  MSIE 4.07 which stinks to high water.

Does anyone know the proper procedure for updating the AOL browser to the
latest?  And, yeah, I do know that it will never be anything more current
than MSIE 5.1.7 compatible.  OSX won't run on her machine.

Thanks in advance,
William Ellis

Not a MAC user or I wouldn't have to ask this question.