[thelist] A good website management system

Cosmin G cosming at as.ro
Wed Jan 14 14:38:15 CST 2004

I'm planning to create a website similar to www.experts-exchange.com .
Anyone know of a good CMS that will allow me to achieve that? If possible
Open Source, or at least having a free version, it would have to:
first of all (and most important) allow me to use my own HTML design, an
area where most web apps have you locked down into their own visual design,
allow comments from readers,
have RSS feeds based on the content,
allow upload of files,
have banner management,
allow rating of the articles by the users,
have Email Notifications,
have Add / Edit Trouble Tickets,
have news section,
have a calendar section,
have an integration with a major bulletin board,
have newsletters.
And if possible, have XHTML and tableless design, although if it were to
satisfy the
So far http://tikiwiki.org is looking very good, followed by
www.esselbach.com storyteller pro (but it's not free), and PHP Nuke since it
has excellent community support. If anyone has other suggestions, feel free
to reply.