[thelist] SITE CHECK

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Mon Jan 12 18:06:44 CST 2004

On Monday 2004 January 12 17:36, Natalya Hucek wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen!
>
> Please check my my site:
>
> www.ludwiginteriordesign.com

Note for future reference: The standard way of citing a Web site address
is as a URL, not a hostname (example: http://
www.ludwiginteriordesign.com); several e-mail programs will only act on
the URL form.

> I made it by hand, it works in IE on Mac and in Safari, but it seems
> that it goes mental on IE Windows.... It is my first site and it
> seems that I made a lot of mistakes...brrrrrr...

The validator seems to notice a good number of mistakes in the HTML. The
CSS is valid, though.

> I should have used one of those website building programs and not to
> pretend I am smart enough to do it myself... Can someone point me a
> good link to read on IE Windows vs. IE Mac???

I would disagree violently with this assertion; you're smart enough to
not use whatever the binary-only shrinkwrapware solution is, which
usually spits out anything from suboptimal to grossly invalid code.

My guess here, is other browsers get it right, IE for Windows gets it
wrong, so it's probably a bug or bugs in IE for Windows.

--
Shawn K. Quinn