[thelist] the SITE CHECK

Natalya Hucek natalyafrance at email.si
Tue Jan 13 03:52:06 CST 2004

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for your reply!

"Note for future reference: The standard way of citing a Web site
address
is as a URL, not a hostname (example: http://
www.ludwiginteriordesign.com); several e-mail programs will only act on
the URL form."

-- THANKS -- I JUST FORGOT ABOUT IT IN MY FRUSTRATION :)

"The validator seems to notice a good number of mistakes in the HTML.
The
CSS is valid, though."

WHEN I VALIDATE HTML BY UPLOADING A FILE -- IT IS VALID.   THE MISTAKES
COME AFTER I PUT A FILE ON THE SERVER.  THE SERVER ADDS ITS JAVA
SOMETHING AND VALIDATION QUOTES IT AS A MISTAKE..

"My guess here, is other browsers get it right, IE for Windows gets it
wrong, so it's probably a bug or bugs in IE for Windows."

YEH, THAT IS WHAT I THINK... IS THERE ANY EXPERT HERE ON IE WINDOWS
BUGS?

THANK YOU

NATALYA

PS WHICH BROWSER ARE YOU USING?