[thelist] Whois embedded in PHP 404 emailling alert

John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 03:59:03 CST 2004

I have a PHP script in my 404 page to email me when something is not found

This is a very useful tool to leave running on your site to pick up any
loose ends or bad links to your site WITHOUT having to interrogate weblogs :)

QUESTION: Is it possible to add something to this script to do a WHOIS on
the IP address logged and include the domain name in the email it sends?

The script (posted inb the past) is available on request it just grabs the
target url the referring url and the time and Ip of the attempted viewer

Regards

john

ALSO: TIME SERIES DATA please contact me OFFLIST if you have ant experience
of sorting time series data in groups based on the characteristics of the
"curves"