[thelist] A good website management system

Jonathan Lambert j at firebright.com
Tue Jan 13 12:43:15 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 12:38, Cosmin G wrote:
> I'm planning to create a website similar to www.experts-exchange.com .
> Anyone know of a good CMS that will allow me to achieve that? If possible

Well, I would consider using eZ Pulish or OpenCMS myself.  Both have
excellent built in community features (except they don't integrate with
outside bbs, to my knowledge, but I'm sure it would just be a matter of
writing an interface -- they both have built in bbs systems), and fit
your requirements for the most part.

They're probably excessively complicated for basic website hosting, but
they are some of the more powerful open source systems out there.

> www.esselbach.com storyteller pro (but it's not free), and PHP Nuke since it

I hadn't seen this one before, but it looks quite interesting.  Thanks
for posting it.  It's got some really handy features for what you want
to do.  I'd write the authors and see if they can cut you a deal. ;-)