[thelist] WAP developers: public WAP gateway?

Mike Migurski mike-evolt at teczno.com
Tue Jan 13 14:52:47 CST 2004

Hello,

I'm experimenting with some basic development for WAP, and I'm having
issues with my Verizon service. Does anyone here know of good, open public
WAP gateways that let you set your own homepage?

Verizon's MSN gateway is (surprise!) crap, and does not let me change the
homepage or bookmarks, AFAIK. Waptunnel.com does what I need precisely,
but I have been unable to access it for a few days and question its
reliability.  I have tried phone.com's gateway, but it does not provide me
with many options for choosing a homepage.

I am open to the possibility of running my own gateway for this purpose,
but I would need to do so on a linux machine using OSS. The one project
I've found, Kannel, is being uncooperative, though it compiled without a
problem.

TIA,
-mike.