[thelist] Flash MX 2004

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 19:31:51 CST 2004

I've recently received Flash MX 2004 (standard edition) and have been
fooling around with it. Has anyone else had any experience with it? I'm
noticing really flaky things. For example, there is a tutorial that has
you embed a video and create play, pause and rewind buttons, and then
script them from the Behaviors panel. But there is no rewind behavior
in the Behaviors panel. Hmmm. Also, attempting to make a TextField HTML
enabled results in no text at all. Seems odd since it is such a simple
thing to do and I followed the instructions. I keep finding little
things like that here and there. The instructions say "do this" but
there isn't a "do this" option, or doing it results in failure.

Is it just me? Or did I get a defective copy? Or is it buggy?