[thelist] emulating min-height in IE

Scott Blanchard octigonuser at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:01:40 CST 2004

I need to hack around IE's lack of support for min-height in CSS

I am trying to insure that a div element is never less than 300px in height.
But if it's content is taller than that, I want it to expand to accomodate
the extra content. This is exactly the way min-height works in Netscape/Moz,
and exactly the way "height" works in IE. The only problem is that when
Netscape/Moz sees "height" it does not allow the extra content to stretch
the container to a new height, instead it remains fixed, as it should, at
the set height.

Is there a workaround that will make both browsers happy? Short of using a
spacer gif, of course.