[thelist] My 12 year old son can do websites

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 04:52:26 CST 2004

On 15/1/04 9:35 am, "john at johnallsopp.co.uk" <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't know if this is off topic or not (I'll tip anyway), but a client
> said to me yesterday "my 12 year old son made a really good looking
> website yesterday using Microsoft Publisher, do you use that?"

Can it also be read as:

My son is very keen on web design, he's only twelve but he did manage to
make a *good looking* site using Microsoft Publisher. As a professional what
are your thoughts.

Well It is possible to make a *good looking* site using off the shelf
products, but its the underlying code that makes a website work
successfully.

I think its up to us to educate clients about these kind of issues.

Benjer