[thelist] [Javascript] swicthing off a function

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 06:48:50 CST 2004

On 15/1/04 12:35 pm, "Hershel Robinson" <hershelr at netvision.net.il> wrote:

>> When you rollover again the rotation should stop.
>> It seems that the rotation deosnt get stopped, works ok if you
>> rollover the first one but not if you rollover another, the timing
>> goes all funny too.
> When I place the mouse over any image, the rotation of images DOES stop. Win
> MSIE 6.

Yes works here as well, but when the rotation starts again after rollout it
all goes out of time, as if 2/3 loops are running.

>> Ive tried to insert a test (inuse) which is supposed to return the
>> function.
> I do not understand this sentence. The phrase 'return the function' implies
> an expression or function which returns as its return value some function.
> Your variable inuse is a simple scalar variable.

function showImages(){
    //test to see wether rotation should be on
    if (inuse==1){

The idea is that if 'inuse' is off (equal to 0) the function should end -
which stops the looping.

Hope that makes more sense.