[thelist] Formatting Output of Dreamweaver MX Extensions

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 16 07:22:12 CST 2004

I need DWMX to properly format the HTML that I am generating from an
extension that I am writing. DWMX seems to be ignoring the new line
command (/n). Oddly enough, it does recognize tab (/t). Go figure.

Here is a snippet of my Javscript:

var str="";
str += "<div class=\"row\">\n";
str += "\t<span class=\"label\"><label for=\"" + attValue + "\">" +
attValue + "</label></span>\n";
str += "\t<input type=\"text\" id=\"" + attValue + "\" name=\"" +
attValue + "\" />\n";
str += "</div>\n";

//alert(attValue);
theDOM.insertHTML(str);
window.close();

I know that I'm formatting the script correctly, because when I
uncomment the alert(), it's formatted just fine. I can't find any
documentation anywhere on how to fix this.

When the markup is inserted into my DW document, it gets formatted like
this:

  <label for="foo">foo</label>
  <input type="text" id="foo" name="foo" />

TIA.