[thelist] free asp file upload component

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 10:29:42 CST 2004

Hi Sarah

Moving/Copying/Deleting files you're dealing with the file system, which
is why you use the FSO to handle it.  When uploading files you're using
a multi-part form submission, which you need to fiddle with to get the
files from.  It is something you can do purely through script, if you
understand the rfc for that form of file transmission.  All that file
upload components are doing for you is hiding that plumbing away from
you (and hopefully running faster).

When you move to ASP.net you'll discover that M$ have addressed that
problem and you can now save an uploaded file in one line of code:

File.PostedFile.SaveAs("MyFilePath\MyFileName")

Norman